Colorado Dude Ranch Rides*
Enjoy your horseback riding vacation with our experienced ranch wranglers winding through the mountain valleys surrounding North Fork. A fine string of horses ensures that there will be a horse suitable to your riding skills. We begin with orientation and instruction at our guest ranch to accommodate those who have done very little riding. Rides will take you into the breathtaking mountain scenery of our own 520 acres and the adjoining Pike National Forest and wilderness areas. Ranch wranglers will tend to your every need and provide instruction all week long.
Our experience is our guarantee that whether you are a first time rider or a seasoned horseman, we can offer you the right horse for your level. Ride for a day or just a few hours, at a walk, trot or lope, our flexible program insures you’ll enjoy a one-of-a-kind opportunity to reconnect with your western spirit.”
*Min age: 6, all abilities; the ranch does enforce a weight limit and pregnancy restriction in our riding program.
Riding at our Colorado Dude Ranch: …Pristine Valleys and Stunning Views
- The majestic mountains of our valley & views of the Continental Divide
- Ponderosa forests, aspen groves and mountain meadows teaming with wildflowers.
- Personalized attention from our friendly and experienced wranglers
Riding Options at the Guest Ranch:
- Horsemanship Clinic: Our wranglers provide an orientation and instruction in the basics for those who have never ridden or who need a refresher.
- 2 hour rides: While you’re taking a break on the trail, play a game of “Fat Bat.” Using rocks and trees for bases see how fast you can run in your cowboy boots! Try your hand at branding… brand your jeans pockets (with an ink stamp) while our wranglers tell tall tales about cowboys branding their herd… we brand our herd (YOU).
- Lunch on the trail: meet at a different site each day with gingham cloths, hot chicken and biscuits or sandwiches, homemade cookies and brownies along with a refreshing raspberry lemonade!
- Champagne brunch ride: at 9000 ft. is a special treat! Cooked over an open fire, enjoy eggs, home fries, sausage, fresh muffins and smoked trout, caught by you! Fabulous views and cowboy coffee, too.
- Our family program allows children age 6 and above to join their family in a riding adventure.
- Daily pony rides available for the little ones
- High country wilderness trip – special event offered only 2 weeks of the season…. Get into the back country where you’ll pack in your food, ride all day, set up camp and hike up near the timberline. Fish the quiet and clear, alpine streams and enjoy your fresh catch at the campfire. Re-connect with your group without the daily distractions of life and experience the serenity of sleeping under the stars and getting away from it all. This is a trip for an intimate group of 4 to 6 guests. All camping gear is provided.
Where the mountains reach the sky is just one way to describe the stunning country you’ll experience on your horseback riding vacation at our Colorado dude ranch. From the unmatched beauty of the Colorado Aspens, to the spectacular view of the Continental Divide, this is a high country horseman’s paradise.