World Class Fly Fishing Vacations
North Fork Ranch became the newest Orvis Endorsed Colorado Fishing Lodge in 2009.
After your first cast you have left ordinary time behind! Welcome to life at North Fork Ranch and the rush of the North Fork of the South Platte River. If fly fishing is your passion, you’ve found the perfect spot! Our pristine stretch of water, over two miles, is conveniently located within one hour southwest of Denver.
Our professional guides will ensure an unforgettable fly fishing vacation experience whether you choose a full or half day trip. Only fifty yards off the back porch of our Colorado fishing lodge you’ll find the tranquil North Fork of the South Platte River teeming with Rainbow, Brown, Cutthroat and Steelhead Trout. Fish you will remember for a lifetime. Whether you are here for the day, multiple days, or the entire week, you will always want “one more day”.
A day at the ranch just isn’t complete without one of Karen’s hearty, scrumptious lunches . . . including warm home-baked cookies! Check out our fly fishing vacation packages that include meals and lodging along with your spectacular Colorado fly fishing experience. Every day, any season, is a great day for fishing at North Fork Ranch!
- Year round day fishing (half or full day). Guided only.
- Packages available including meals, lodging & fishing.
- Average fish runs 3 pounds, 18-22 inches
- Try to land a 5-7 pounder!
- “Introduction to fly fishing” class
- Guide services and equipment provided
- Resident guide, Jeff Poole has over 20 years’ experience
- Reserve a guided fly fishing trip with North Fork Ranch Guide Service
- Kids enjoy our stocked trout pond. Fishing poles sold in the ranch Trading Post.
You’ll find the best fly fishing just steps away from your back door here at the ranch. The North Fork of the South Platte boasts over 2.5 miles of Dwight D. Eisenhower’s favorite trophy trout fishing river. Fish in the president’s footsteps for large Rainbow and Brown Trout as well as Brook Trout. On the one-half mile of river, we have over 1500 pounds of fish, making for some unbelievable fishing. The river is fly fishing only, guided, barbless hooks, catch and release.
Learn more about fishing opportunities at www.northforkranchguideservice.com